I love dumplings and have come up with this recipe using all ingredients that I like. The dumplings consist of pork, shrimp, watercress, water chestnuts, and assorted seasonings, and they are absolutely delicious!
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1/4 pound ground pork
- 1 cup chopped watercress
- 1/2 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16 ounce) package round dumpling skins
- 1 pound peeled and deveined medium shrimp
In a large bowl, combine the pork, watercress, water chestnuts, green onion, oyster sauce, sesame oil, garlic, soy sauce, ground white pepper and salt and mix together well.
Place 1/2 teaspoonful of this filling onto each dumpling skin. Place 1 shrimp on the filling, slightly wet the edge of the dumpling skin, fold over and pinch with your fingers to form a seal all the way around.
To cook: Pan fry the dumplings in a large skillet over medium heat with oil for 15 minutes, turning over halfway through OR Place them in a pot of boiling water for 10 minutes; drain and serve in hot chicken broth.