Harvest the flavors of fall - Accent Caramel Apple Oat Squares with a scoop of cinnamon ice cream!
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter or margarine
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 20 caramels, unwrapped
- 1 (14 ounce) can EAGLE BRAND® Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In large bowl, combine flour, oats, sugar, baking soda and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Reserving 1-1/2 cups crumb mixture, press remainder on bottom of 13x9-inch baking pan. Bake 15 minutes.
Add nuts to reserved crumb mixture. In heavy sauce pan, over low heat, melt caramels with EAGLE BRAND®, stirring until smooth. Spoon apple pie filling over prepared crust; top with caramel mixture then reserved crumb mixture. Bake 20 minutes or until set. Cool. Serve warm with ice cream.