Oatmeal cookies topped with caramel.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 3/4 cup butter flavored shortening
- 1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- 36 caramels
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease baking sheets.
Combine shortening, brown sugar, egg, milk, and vanilla in large bowl. Beat at medium speed until creamy.
Combine oats, flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Mix into creamed mixture until just blended. Stir in nuts.
Drop by rounded tablespoon onto baking sheet two inches apart and place caramel in center-do not press down. Bake ten to twelve minutes or until light brown around edges and caramel is completely melted.