Tantalize your taste buds with this tangy combination of shrimp and tender sea scallops marinated in citrus juice, jerk seasoning and basil. Serve chilled, on a bed of fresh greens, for a complete meal. It's also a perfect appetizer for entertaining.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound sea scallops
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup diced bell pepper (red or yellow, or combination of both)
- 3/4 cup minced red onion
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Caribbean Jerk Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Basil Leaves
Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over high heat; add scallops to hot pan and sear 1 1/2 to 2 minutes per side. Transfer scallops to medium bowl and chill. Saute shrimp in same pan 4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Transfer shrimp to another bowl and chill.
Combine marinade ingredients in a large bowl. Add chilled shrimp, bell pepper, red onion, and green onions. Cut chilled scallops into quarters; add to bowl; toss well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.