Boneless chicken breasts are marinated in teriyaki sauce and grilled. Then they're cut into strips and layered on salad plates with salad greens, a spicy tomato-jalapeno salsa, chunks of pineapple, and a wonderful honey-mustard vinaigrette.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup teriyaki marinade sauce
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons minced jalapeno pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 3/4 pound mixed salad greens
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 4 cups corn tortilla chips
Place the chicken in a bowl, and cover with the teriyaki marinade sauce. Marinate at least 2 hours in the refrigerator.
In a small bowl mix the tomatoes, onion, jalapeno pepper, and cilantro. Cover salsa, and refrigerate.
In a small bowl, mix the mustard, honey, sugar, oil, vinegar, and lime juice. Cover dressing, and refrigerate.
Preheat the grill for high heat.
Lightly oil grill grate. Place chicken on the grill, and discard marinade. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes on each side, or until juices run clear.
Arrange mixed salad greens on plates. Spoon some of the salsa over each salad, and sprinkle with 1/4 of the pineapple chunks. Break tortilla chips into large chunks, and sprinkle over salads. Lay some of the grilled chicken strips on each salad. Finally, drizzle dressing over each salad, and serve.
The nutrition data for this recipe includes information for the full amount of the marinade ingredients. Depending on marinating time, ingredients, cook time, etc., the actual amount of the marinade consumed will vary.
Approximate Grilling Times for Chicken and Poultry