The filling for this pie is quite wonderful. There 's semi-sweet chocolate, butter, brown sugar, eggs, lots of walnuts and instant coffee powder. This chocolaty coffee concoction is baked up in a pie shell, and then it 's topped with whipped cream and cho
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon rum flavored extract
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup walnut halves
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch single crust pie
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave chocolate chips until melted. Stir occasionally until chocolate is smooth.
Cream butter or margarine with sugar. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add melted chocolate, instant coffee, and rum extract. Stir in flour and broken walnuts. Turn filling into pie shell. Top with walnut halves in decorative pattern.
Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 25 minutes. Cool.