Chocolate cookies, with a caramel center dipped and swirled in chocolate glaze.
INGREDIENTS (for 3 servings):
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 18 caramels, halved
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 (1 ounce) square unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 2 tablespoons water
In large bowl mix butter, white sugar, egg, 2 ounces melted chocolate, milk and vanilla. Mix in flour, baking powder, salt and chopped pecans on low speed to form soft dough.
Divide dough in half and chill 1-2 hours.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C). Mold dough by rounded teaspoons around a caramel half. Place on ungreased baking sheet and bake 7 minutes till set.
To Make Glaze: In a bowl, blend together confectioners' sugar, corn syrup, 1 ounce chocolate and hot water. After cookies have cooled, swirl cookies in chocolate glaze.