An easy to make, hearty chicken soup with a twist! The wild rice adds a nutty flavor to this delicious soup!
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 (6 ounce) package long-grain and wild rice mix, prepared according to package directions
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, chopped
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 1/4 cups chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can NESTLE® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- sliced green onions and toasted slivered almonds (optional)
HEAT vegetable oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add chicken, mushrooms, onion and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender and chicken is no longer pink.
ADD rice, broth, tarragon, thyme, salt and pepper; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Combine small amount of evaporated milk and cornstarch in small bowl; stir until smooth. Add to saucepan with remaining evaporated milk and wine. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 5 minutes or until soup is thickened. Garnish with green onions and almonds.