An easy to make soup that warms you up on a cold winter's day!
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 (8 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained, liquid reserved
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can NESTLE® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
CHOP mushrooms. Add water to mushroom liquid to make 2 cups.
MELT butter (in large saucepan) over medium heat. Add onion; cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat. Stir in flour and seasoning salt; return to heat. Stir in mushroom liquid mixture, evaporated milk and mushrooms. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes just to a boil.