The Perfect Puerto Rican Meal. Everywhere you go this is the one of the main dishes that is served. It goes very well served over steamed rice.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 (8 ounce) can canned tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup sofrito sauce
- 1 (.18 ounce) packet sazon seasoning
- 1 tablespoon adobo seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt to taste
- 2 pounds beef stew meat
- 2 cups peeled, cubed potatoes
- 1 cup water
In a large pot, combine tomato sauce, sofrito sauce, sazon seasoning, adobo seasoning, oregano, and salt. Simmer over medium low heat for 5 minutes. Add meat, and cook until evenly browned. Stir in just enough water to cover meat. Cover, and simmer for about 1 hour. Add potatoes, and cook for about 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender.