This is a chili and meat recipe which can be used for chili and beans or eaten with French fried potatoes.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 4 tablespoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/4 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- salt to taste
In a saucepan, combine water, salt and beef. Bring to boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes. Drain, and reserve broth. Season broth with red pepper, garlic and oregano.
Heat oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Cook flour, stirring constantly, until golden brown. Slowly stir in broth. Season with cumin, parsley and salt. Stir in beef, and simmer for 1 1/2 hours.