This is a South Carolina style barbecue sauce that I altered to go with a low carb diet
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 cup prepared yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup granular no-calorie sucralose sweetener (e.g., Splenda ®)
- 3/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke flavoring
In a saucepan over medium heat, stir together the mustard, sweetener, cider vinegar, chili powder, black pepper, white pepper, and cayenne pepper. Simmer for 30 minutes.
Stir in the soy sauce, butter, and liquid smoke; simmer for 10 more minutes. Cool completely, and refrigerate overnight to blend flavors before using.