A versatile pasta dish with a wine based sauce: prawns and chicken are excellent additions to this recipe.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 (8 ounce) package fresh fettuccine
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 10 ounces marinated artichoke hearts
- 2/3 (8 ounce) jar sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil
- 1 (2 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 ripe tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
Cook pasta in boiling water until done. Drain.
Melt butter over medium heat in a large saucepan. Saute onions, mushrooms, and garlic until tender. Stir in sun-dried tomatoes, olives, artichoke hearts, wine, and lemon juice. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by a third, about 4 minutes.
Toss pasta with sauce. Top with tomatoes and cheese, add pepper to taste, and serve.