This yummy bruschetta recipe is for anyone who likes feta cheese and tomatoes, and is great for dinner parties. Assemble while the ingredients are still warm so the mozzarella will melt slightly.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (4 ounce) package herb and garlic feta, crumbled
- 1 (1 pound) loaf sourdough bread, thickly sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded mozzarella cheese
Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Mix in tomatoes, fresh basil leaves and garlic. Cook and stir until heated and slightly tender, about 5 minutes.
In a small bowl, blend cream cheese with herb and garlic feta.
In a toaster or an oven heated to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), lightly toast the sourdough bread slices.
Spread toasted bread slices with the cream cheese blend. Top with tomato mixture. Sprinkle with desired amount of mozzarella cheese.