This is a sumptuous cake!
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 3 cups grated carrots
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Beat together the eggs, oil, and white sugar. Blend mixture for thirty seconds.
Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices. Add the carrots and raisins. Pour egg mixture into dry ingredients, and mix well.
Pour batter into well greased 10 inch tube or bundt pan. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven for 60 to 70 minutes. Cool cake on wire rack, and then refrigerate until completely cooled.
To make Cream Cheese Glaze: Blend together confectioners' sugar, cream cheese, corn syrup, and vanilla. Spread over cooled cake.