This is a soft cookie my grandmother used to make, very good.
INGREDIENTS (for 3 servings):
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 1 cup mashed cooked carrots, cooled
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar for decoration
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Cream together the sugar, shortening and the egg.
Add cooked cooled mashed carrots, flour, baking powder, salt and vanilla. Mix well.
Drop on greased cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
To Make Frosting: Combine orange juice with the grated rind of one orange. Add enough confectioners' sugar to thicken. Put on cookies while hot.