This is similar to fruitcake, and is excellent to serve.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups finely grated carrots
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup candied cherries, halved
- 1 cup candied mixed fruit
- 1 cup dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour one 10 inch tube pan.
Beat the vegetable oil with the white and brown sugars. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Stir in the grated carrots. Add the 2/12 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder, ground cinnamon, and salt. Stir until just moistened.
Toss the raisins, candied cherries, candied mixed fruit, chopped dates, and the chopped walnuts with the remaining 1/2 cup flour. Stir to coat. Add fruit and nut mixture to the batter and stir until combined. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 1 1/2 hours.