Dill weed is used in this highly seasoned vegetable soup which is pureed before cream and instant potato flakes are added.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 8 cups water
- 6 large carrots, chopped
- 3 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 stalks celery, chopped, with leaves
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill weed
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- 6 tablespoons dry potato flakes
In a large pot, add water and bring to a boil. Add carrots, potatoes, celery, and onion, and return to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 1/2 hour or until carrots are tender. Remove from heat and let cool for about 5 minutes.
Puree soup in blender or food processor in batches until smooth.
Return pureed soup to pot, add soy sauce, cumin, cayenne pepper, chili powder, garlic powder, dill, milk, and potato flakes and return to boil. Reduce heat and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Adjust seasonings to taste. Serve hot.