Spice up your leftover ham with lime juice, mango chutney and peanut butter simmered into a deliciously nontraditional chili. Brown sugar, allspice, raisins, chickpeas, chili beans, tomatoes and green chili peppers jump into the chili pot too!
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 3 cups cooked ham, cut into one inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 (9 ounce) package mango chutney
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can chili beans in spicy sauce
- 2 (10 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green chile peppers
In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, combine the cubed ham, brown sugar, allspice, mango chutney, lime juice, peanut butter, raisins, chick peas, chili beans, and diced tomatoes with chilies. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, for 15 to 20 minutes, until thoroughly heated.