Raw cashews combine with unsweetened coconut and crackers for a delicately sweet baked chicken.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews
- 10 buttery round crackers
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Place crackers, cashews, and coconut in a food processor, and process until they are coarsely chopped.
Dip chicken in melted butter and roll in cracker mixture. Place chicken in foil lined baking dish. Any extra cracker mixture can be blended with a little of the left over butter, and gently packed on to the chicken breasts.
Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 to 35 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, if desired, and serve.