Catfish in stewed tomatoes and oregano over rice.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 pound catfish fillets
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, with liquid
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
In a small saucepan, bring the 2 cups of water to a boil. Stir in the rice and return to a boil; reduce the heat. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until the rice is tender and the water is absorbed.
Using a very sharp knife, cut the catfish into 3/4 inch pieces; set aside.
In a medium saucepan, combine the tomatoes (with juices), dried onions, bouillon granules, dried oregano, garlic powder and hot-pepper sauce; bring to a boil and stir in the catfish pieces.
Cover and cook over medium heat for 5 to 8 minutes or until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork and is opaque all the way through.
Serve the fish mixture over the rice.