Great catfish baked with a cornmeal crust and sprinkled with crushed pecans.
INGREDIENTS (for 5 servings):
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 pounds catfish
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup pecans, finely crushed
- 5 wedges lemon, for garnish
- 5 sprigs fresh parsley, for garnish
Preheat oven to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C).
In a large bowl, mix the cornmeal, salt and pepper. Dip the catfish in the cornmeal mixture; coating well.
Place catfish on a flat, greased baking sheet. Pour the oil over the fish.
Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes or until catfish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Sprinkle with pecans toward the end of the cooking period.
Garnish with lemon wedges and parsley sprigs.