This rich and flavorful baked catfish dish is packed with savory flavors. Parmesan, mustard, garlic and onion all compete to thrill your senses.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 4 (8 ounce) fillets catfish
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon ground dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup butter, melted
Wash and dry catfish filets. Place filets in a shallow dish and pour milk over them. Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, cheese, Italian seasoning, baking powder, garlic powder, dry mustard, onion powder, salt and pepper. Dredge filets in flour mixture.
Lightly grease a rimmed baking sheet and place coated filets in pan. Drizzle melted butter over filets.
Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until firm and flaky. Serve hot.
The nutrition data for this recipe includes information for the full amount of the marinade ingredients. Depending on marinating time, ingredients, cooking method, etc., the actual amount of the marinade consumed will vary.