Thinly sliced, raw cauliflower and cooked shrimp, marinated in a creamy dressing, are the main ingredients in this unusual salad. This has always been a hit at potlucks and family get-togethers. It tastes best if you make it a day before you plan to serv
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 head cauliflower, thinly sliced
- 1 pound shrimp - cooked, peeled, deveined and chilled
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup creamy Italian-style salad dressing
- 3/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1 tablespoon minced pimento
Place eggs in a small saucepan, and add water to cover. Cover the pan, and bring to a boil over high heat. Remove from heat and let stand covered for 12 minutes. Cool, peel, and chop the hard boiled eggs.
Mix mayonnaise and salad dressing together in a small bowl.
To a large bowl, add cauliflower, shrimp, green onions, chopped eggs, olives, and pimientos. Toss to combine. Stir in dressing mixture, and toss to coat. Refrigerate. Serve chilled.