My mother-in-law makes this for Thanksgiving every year. Our family can't get enough of it.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into small florets
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup green onions, sliced
- 1/3 cup blanched slivered almonds
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
Heat one inch of water to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add cauliflower florets, and cook covered for 7 to 9 minutes, or until tender. Drain and set aside.
Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute mushrooms, onion, and almonds. Stir in the chicken bouillon. Dissolve the cornstarch in water, and gradually stir into the mushroom mixture. Cook until thickened. Pour the mushroom mixture over the hot cauliflower, and serve.