This is a very simple recipe, yet the flavors are deep and complex. You can substitute penne or any other short pasta for the cavatappi.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 8 cups coarsely chopped spinach
- 8 cups hot cooked cavatappi
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (19 ounce) cans chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- freshly ground black pepper
- lemon wedges (optional)
Combine first 10 ingredients in a large bowl; toss well. Garnish with lemon wedges, if desired.
Reprinted with permission of Cooking Light® magazine. All rights reserved.CALORIES 288 (27% from fat); FAT 8.6g (sat 2.3g, mono 4.2g, poly 1.3g); PROTEIN 11.2g; CARB 42.2g; FIBER 4.4g; CHOL 9mg; IRON 3.6mg; SODIUM 334mg; CALC 106