Feed a crowd with this meaty pasta casserole. Chopped ham, chicken and ground beef are mixed into tomato sauce with sauteed onions, green peppers and mushrooms. Layer to bake with pasta and cheeses.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 (4.5 ounce) cans sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (32 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 4 ounces chopped ham
- 1/2 cup cooked and cubed chicken
- 3 ounces sliced pepperoni sausage
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup seashell pasta
- 6 ounces rotini pasta
- 2 pounds mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
In a small skillet, saute onions, green peppers, and mushrooms in butter or margarine. Set aside.
Brown hamburger in a large skillet over medium heat. Drain. Mix in tomato sauce, pasta sauce, chopped ham, chopped chicken or turkey, pepperoni, salt, and red and black pepper. Add vegetable saute to hamburger mixture.
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
Spread a little sauce over the bottom of two 9 x 13 inch pans. In each pan, place a layer of pasta, a layer of mozarella cheese, a hamburger sauce layer, a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese, and another layer of mozarella cheese. Repeat layers. Cover pans.
Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 to 45 minutes.