A delicious shrimp ceviche recipe that only gets better over night! Bright and refreshing, with the uncommon addition of cucumber. Adjust the heat to your personal taste with a sprinkling of hot pepper sauce.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 limes, juiced
- 4 roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 4 serrano peppers, seeded and minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 12 tostada shells
- hot pepper sauce (optional)
Dice shrimp and place in a mixing bowl. Squeeze lime juice over shrimp until they are completely covered, about 4 limes. Stir in the tomatoes, onion, cucumber, serrano peppers, and salt and pepper. Cover, and refrigerate 1 hour.
When ready to serve, adjust seasoning with salt and pepper as needed. Serve on top of tostada shells with a splash of hot sauce, if desired.