This is a great replenishing meal to eat after a hot and heavy workout or race. It's high in carbohydrates to replace your used-up glycogen stores, and the extra sodium replaces the important electrolytes you lose when you sweat. The noodles taste best wh
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 3/4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3/4 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili oil, or to taste
- 1/2 pound fresh Chinese egg noodles or fettuccine style noodles
- 2 whole scallions, thinly sliced, plus more for garnish
Blend the sesame oil, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, sugar, salt, and chili oil in a bowl.
Cook the noodles for 1 to 2 minutes, until tender, but still firm. Drain, rinse two or three times in order to cool, and put in a large mixing bowl.
Pour the seasoning mixture over the noodles. Toss gently, then add the scallions and toss again. Put aside at room temperature for at least 30 minutes. It is best if left for an hour, or overnight in the refrigerator. To serve, toss again and garnish with more sliced scallions.