Chocolate chip bars with a rich cookie crust and a chewy chocolate and nut layer on the top.
INGREDIENTS (for 3 servings):
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups HERSHEY®'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, divided
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
Heat oven to 350 F.
Stir together flour and brown sugar in medium bowl; cut in cold butter until crumbly. Stir in 1/2 cup chocolate chips; press mixture on bottom of ungreased 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Bake 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine sweetened condensed milk, egg and vanilla in large bowl. Stir in remaining 1-1/2 cups chips and nuts. Spread evenly over baked crust. Bake 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.