Olive oil, lemon zest, walnuts and honey go into the dressing. That should give you a pretty good idea how this salad will taste, but there 's also cheese tortellini, feta cheese and strips of chicken tossed in.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 16 ounces cheese-filled tortellini
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 small red onion, julienned
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 boneless chicken breast half, cooked and sliced into thin strips
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest, minced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons ground walnuts
- 1 tablespoon honey
Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain and cool under cold water. Refrigerate until chilled.
Prepare the dressing in a small bowl by whisking together the olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, walnuts, and honey. Refrigerate until chilled.
In a salad bowl, combine pasta, peppers, red onion, olives, and chicken. Add lemon dressing and feta cheese, toss and serve.