Ground beef is simmered in a creamy cheese sauce and served with pasta. This is one of those happy accidents that happened when I had to make up dinner from what I had in the cabinet. It serves a whole family and the kids love it. I used a mixture of wha
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (8 ounce) package dry penne pasta
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of onion soup
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup with herbs
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed Cheddar cheese soup
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup sour cream (optional)
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add penne, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until tender. Drain.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground beef and onion; cook, stirring to crumble the beef, until evenly browned. Drain off excess grease, and mix in the cream of onion soup, cream of chicken soup, and Cheddar cheese soup, along with the water and sour cream. Simmer over medium heat for a few minutes. Stir in the cooked pasta, and serve immediately.