A fun to eat and delicious appetizer for any type of party!
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 2 (11 ounce) packages STOUFFER'S® frozen Creamed Chipped Beef, defrosted
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 2 teaspoons CROSSE & BLACKWELL® Worcestershire Sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon hot red pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (1 pound) loaf unsliced Italian bread
COMBINE Creamed Chipped Beef, 1 1/2 cups Cheddar cheese, water chestnuts, green onion, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, pepper sauce and salt in large bowl. Slice bread three times vertically and approximately every 1 1/2 inches horizontally to within 1/4' of bottom crust. Bread will have a 'checkerboard' appearance.
STUFF all cuts in bread with Creamed Chipped Beef mixture. Wrap bread in aluminum foil, keeping top exposed. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top of stuffed bread.
BAKE in preheated 400 degrees F. oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until bread is browned and crispy.