Your family will enjoy this tasty soup that's quick to make. Add a tossed salad and rolls to complete the meal.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 (12 fluid ounce) cans NESTLE® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 cup beer
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dry hot mustard (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Toppings: cooked crumbled bacon, sliced green onion, herbed croutons
HEAT butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Add flour; cook, stirring constantly or until bubbly. Add evaporated milk; bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; stir in beer, Worcestershire sauce, salt, mustard and cayenne pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in cheddar cheese until melted.
LADLE into bowls. Serve with toppings.