Chicken breasts dredged in flour and baked with onion soup mix, cheese and water. What could be easier?!
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour for coating
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Place flour in a shallow dish or bowl; heat oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat. Dredge chicken in flour, then brown in hot oil; place browned chicken in a 9x13 inch baking dish.
Combine soup mix and boiling water in a small bowl; top chicken with cheese, then water/soup mix.
Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and cheese is bubbly and brown.