An easy and quick soup to make on a cold day. Full of a great cheesy taste with big chunks of chicken and broccoli all over.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - chopped
- 2 (32 fluid ounce) containers chicken broth
- 1 large head fresh broccoli, cut into bite size pieces
- 8 ounces processed cheese food, shredded
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups uncooked instant rice
Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook the onion and chicken in the skillet 5 minutes, or until chicken juices run clear; drain.
Bring the chicken broth to a boil in a large pot, and stir in the broccoli, processed cheese food, and Cheddar cheese. Mix in the chicken and onion. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in rice, and continue cooking 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until cheeses are melted, and broccoli and rice are tender.