This zesty cheese ring can be also made as a log. The jelly may seem strange, but it is what makes this appetizer delicious.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 pound shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 5 medium green onions, finely chopped (white parts only)
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch garlic salt, or to taste
- 1 (10 ounce) jar raspberry preserves
- 1 (10 ounce) package thin wheat crackers
In a medium bowl, mix together the Cheddar cheese, mayonnaise, green onion, cayenne pepper, and garlic salt until well blended. Coat a ring shaped gelatin mold generously with cooking spray. Spoon the cheese mixture into the mold, cover, and chill for 2 to 3 hours to set.
Unmold onto a serving plate, and pour raspberry preserves into the center. Arrange wheat crackers around the outside of the ring.