My mother gave me this recipe many years ago. Blended cheeses, red peppers and green onions come together to form this delicious log. Top the log with pistachios or pecans and it will be both attractive and irresistible!
INGREDIENTS (for 3 servings):
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/3 cup chopped pistachio nuts
In a small bowl, mix the Cheddar cheese and 1/2 the cream cheese with an electric mixer until well blended. Mix in the green onions, red bell peppers, garlic and Worcestershire sauce. Chill in the refrigerator 30 minutes.
In a small bowl, mix the blue cheese, milk and remaining cream cheese with the electric mixer until well blended.
Shape the chilled Cheddar cheese mixture into an 8 inch log. Spread the blue cheese mixture evenly over the top and sides of the log. Cover with pistachio nuts. Chill in the refrigerator 2 to 3 hours before serving.