Gruyere and domestic Swiss cheeses melt readily, blending with tomatoes in this tasty fondue. Serve with sliced baguettes.
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon minced onion
- 3 small tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups dry white wine
- 1 pound Gruyere cheese, shredded
- 1/2 pound Swiss cheese, shredded
In a fondue pot or double broiler over medium heat, melt the butter. Stir in the garlic and onion. Slowly cook and stir until the vegetables are soft.
Mix in the tomatoes and cook another 3 minutes. Pour in the wine. Continue stirring until the wine reaches a near boil. Remove from the heat and stir in Gruyere and Swiss cheeses until melted.