Here's an easy, lower-fat version of warm artichoke-cheese dip. In new research, artichoke hearts tested surprisingly high in antioxidant activity -- even more per cup than strawberries. Garlic and chives are high in antioxidants, too, and fat-free cott
INGREDIENTS (for 9 servings):
- 2 (8 ounce) packages frozen artichoke hearts
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free cottage cheese
- 4 ounces herbed goat cheese (chevre)
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1 cup chopped chives
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cook artichokes according to package directions; chop roughly. Set aside.
In a food processor, mix all ingredients except artichokes and Parmesan cheese until smooth.
Stir in artichokes. Pour mixture into a 9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
Bake for 30 minutes. If top hasn't browned, put under broiler.
Let sit for 15 minutes before serving (it may be watery when first removed from the oven). Serve with toasted whole-wheat pita chips.