A delicious marinara sauce is cooked all day in the slow cooker. When it' s time for diner, just throw in some tortellini, and sprinkle with cheese. When the noodles are cooked -- pass around the bread, and enjoy!
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 (16 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (9 ounce) package refrigerated or fresh cheese tortellini
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
Crumble the ground beef and Italian sausage into a large skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until browned. Drain.
Combine the ground meats, marinara sauce, mushrooms, and tomatoes in a slow cooker. Cover, and cook on LOW heat for 7 to 8 hours.
Stir in the tortellini, and sprinkle the mozzarella and cheddar cheese over the top. Cover and cook for 15 more minutes on LOW, or until the tortellini is tender.