This rich, cheesy polenta is the perfect foil for pork, chicken, beef, or fish dishes.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 cup polenta or yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 ounces sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
In a large pot over medium-high heat, bring milk, water, and salt to a boil. Gradually whisk in polenta. Reduce heat to low, and cover. Cook 20 minutes, until creamy, lifting the lid and stirring every 3 or 4 minutes to prevent sticking. Remove pot from stove, stir in pepper and butter. Gradually stir in cheese. Serve.