This was a favorite in my home growing up and now it's a favorite of my family as well. I double the recipe these days for my husband and three children. For a change of pace I add canned chopped green chilies and 1/8 teaspoon cayenne, use pasta shells
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 (12 ounce) package egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (11 ounce) can condensed cream of Cheddar cheese soup
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna, drained
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Bring a large pot of salted water to boil; place noodles in water and bring to boil again. Cook until al dente; drain well.
While noodles are cooking saute in a medium size saucepan vegetable oil, onion, green and red bell peppers. Saute until tender.
Pour soup, tuna, milk, salt and black pepper into the saucepan. Mix well over medium-low heat.
Fold the noodles into the saucepan.
Pour entire mixture into a 2 quart casserole. Sprinkle bread crumbs over the mixture. Bake 20 to 30 minutes or until the top is crisp and golden brown.