Why make do with noodles? This tuna and rice combination is fabulous!
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1/3 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (5 ounce) can NESTLE® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 1/2 cups Cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup instant rice
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 16 ounces whole tomatoes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 7 ounces tuna
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Melt butter in a saucepan. Blend in flour, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper. Stir in evaporated milk. Cook until thickened, stirring constantly, then stir in grated cheddar cheese and grated parmesan cheese.
Combine instant rice, chopped parsley, paprika, cayenne pepper, oregano, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Layer whole tomatoes, chopped onion, and tuna (drained) over the rice. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the rice is tender.