Tart pie cherries make for a marvelous contrast to sweet almonds in this bread machine gem.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 (16.5 ounce) can sour cherries, with liquid
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3 1/2 cups bread flour
- 2 1/2 tablespoons vital wheat gluten
- 2 teaspoons rapid rise yeast
- 2/3 cup slivered almonds
Place all ingredient, except almonds, in the bread machine according to the manufacturer's directions. Select sweet bread setting; press Start.
If your machine has a Fruit setting, add the almonds at the signal, or about 5 minutes before the kneading cycle has finished.