Teriyaki chicken never had it so good in this intriguing mixture with cherries, ginger, rice vinegar, carrots and almonds, all bundled up in a crisp lettuce package.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
- 1 1/4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 pound dark sweet cherries, pitted and halved
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1/3 cup toasted and sliced almonds
- 12 leaves of lettuce
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add ginger and chicken and saute until cooked through, about 7 to 10 minutes. Set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together remaining 1 tablespoon oil, vinegar, teriyaki sauce and honey until mixed together. Add chicken mixture, cherries, carrot, green onion and almonds; toss together.
To Serve: Spoon 1/12 of the chicken/cherry mixture onto the center of each lettuce leaf; roll up leaf around filling and serve.