Buttermilk and mayonnaise flavor this terrific salad that whips together chunks of chicken, dried tart cherries, pecans and celery.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 3 cooked, boneless chicken breast halves, diced
- 1/3 cup dried cherries
- 1/3 cup diced celery
- 1/3 cup toasted, chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup cubed apples (optional)
In a large bowl, combine the chicken, dried cherries, celery, nuts, mayonnaise, milk, salt and pepper and apple if desired. Toss together well and refrigerate until chilled. Serve on toasted cracked wheat bread or croissants.