Shortbread-type base with a coconut, nuts, and cherry meringue-type topping
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries, quartered
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
With your hands, mix together 1 cup flour, butter and confectioners sugar until smooth. Spread thinly (with fingers) on bottom of 8 x 8 x 2 inch square pan.
Bake about 25 minutes.
Meanwhile, lightly beat eggs and stir all remaining ingredients into the eggs. Spread over cooked base and bake about 25 minutes more. Cool.