As a side salad or light meal, try this colorful Cherry Papaya Orzo Salad. The tangy, curry dressing brings out the flavor of papaya, while almonds add crunch and highlight the sweetness of cherries.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Indian Curry Powder (Mild)
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups cooked orzo
- 1 papaya*, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 1 cup fresh cherries, pits removed and cut in half
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
Combine vinegar, olive oil, honey, curry powder, garlic powder and salt in a large bowl.
Add orzo, papaya, cherries and almonds. Stir until blended.
Serve immediately as a side dish or chill at least 1 hour and arrange on salad greens.
* Papaya seeds may be added to curry dressing. Add dressing ingredients and seeds to blender and continue to blend until seeds are the size of coarse ground pepper.