Chewy Butter Cake using yellow cake mix and cream cheese. Cut into bars when cooled.
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 3 eggs
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan.
In a large bowl, combine cake mix, margarine, 1 egg and 2 teaspoons vanilla. Press into a 9x13 inch pan.
Using the same bowl, combine cream cheese, 2 eggs, 2 teaspoons vanilla and 4 cups confectioners' sugar. Mix together until smooth. Pour over cake mixture.
Bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes. Cake will rise up around sides of pan and look fallen when done. Allow to cool.